Saturday, December 8, 2007

tally marks


my sis asked me how many times i’ve actually used my designer bags because she was quite disgusted with me after i purchased my marc jacobs little stam. “another one?” she asked with a dramatic roll of the eyes. even though she thought it was cute and that my chanel flap was super fab too, i think she disapproves of my obsession.

OH BUT WHY LITTLE SIS? FIRST OF ALL, you SHOULDN’T buy things based solely on usage. it is definitely fiscally wise to do so, but if that is the case, then life will be oh so boring and restrictive. i don’t want to always HAVE to justify everything i do and buy, especially when i’m still young and do not have certain financial responsibilities (like babies and a mortgage)…and god knows i have enough things to worry about. it took a relatively better paying job (whether teacher pay is good is still debatable) and turning 30 to embrace this idea.

i am all for being financially responsible because being in debt and living paycheck to paycheck sucks. but i don’t have that problem. i can pay for my own apartment and lifestyle AND still put away a little something every month (except for this month…lol) and i work extra when i can. i don’t want to live my life like an immigrant (i know that sounds harsh, but i’m a 1.5 generation immigrant so I know a little something about that all “work and no play” work ethic)….sometimes, i just want to have FABULOUS things so i pamper myself because i CAN. i want to enjoy my life and not have retail regrets when i’m 50, wishing that i can still rock that balenciaga when i had the chance. i know you all have your material wants too…EMBRACE IT!

my sis suggested that i make an excel spreadsheet to tally up my usage of these bags to see if they are worth it. i don’t need to. i know they already are…. with that out of the way, where can i find myself a HOT RED PURSE?!

No comments: