Thursday, December 27, 2007

back to back bye byes

this is the chanel wallet that you would have seen me toting IF I DIDN’T ALREADY RETURN IT TODAY to the chanel boutique on rodeo drive. it’s pretty but it wasn’t meant to be. here’s what happened.

i carried my chanel caviar wallet for about a month, but to be honest with you, even though it’s from chanel, i just thought it looked too boring…and it was. i think if a wallet is to have a plain design, it should make up it’s plainness with color. but my caviar was BOTH plain AND black (BORING)…and besides, i think i do need a longer wallet and an extra pocket for my receipts. luckily, i was able to return it for a partial refund and some bloomie’s credit. then i strutted over to the chanel boutique and found this camellia wallet in light blue. i was seriously excited about it when i had uploaded the chanel box on bagnatic (tee hee), but unfortunately, after some scrutiny, i discovered it’s SHORTCOMINGS:

1) it’s made of lambskin which means it will scratch easily and probably won’t hold up with time and consistent use. with the price it commands, i need to have a good wallet that will last until I DECIDE it’s time to change it up and not because IT starts looking used up.
2) there’s only 3 credit card slots and even though i could bunch up the cards, the fit was too tight. it was not adequate to house the plastic that i need to tote for more fabulous purchases. Hahaha…not.
3) it’s a floor model because it was the last one and as crazy as this sounds, I prefer to have a virgin wallet. I did not agree with some of the creases I found on it.
4) the pocket for the dollar bills was a tad smaller than the normal bill size so my dollars would scrunch up on the edge.

i think it’s a beautiful wallet and in my heart of hearts, i feel a bit of regret in letting something so pretty go. but i need a wallet i can use and not just something to look at. after some consideration and mad phone calls to my snobby bag friends for advice, i decided it was best for me to return the wallet. it is obvious this wallet did not meet ALL my needs either and there’s no point in keeping it. i still “heart” chanel, but this season’s wallets do not work for me. :(

so here’s my plan. i still DESPERATELY need a wallet, but i won’t pay an exorbitant amount of money for one unless I TRULY love it and know it will last me a while. otherwise, i will just invest a nice amount for a good wallet that is functional and durable. we’ll see what i can come up with. bye bye pretty chanel. i still have my caviar flap bag so i’m not THAT sad over all of this. hahaha.

2 comments:

j said...

ohhh that was a pretty wallet... i like the flowers.... what can a store do with a used wallet? who will buy it?

bagnatic said...

i think that would be the downfall of getting something at a department store. now that i think of it, people return things all the time! i just returned a wallet. kristen returned some lotion. anybody else return something recently?

the wallet was pretty, but it was clear that i couldn't manhandle it. my keys and ipod would scratch it up in no time.