Sunday, December 23, 2007

going undercover


i rocked my marc jacobs ivory stam to the wedding. it was a fun piece and gave my quasi conservative outfit a bit of funk (good funk). suprisingly, this little stam held quite a few items: cell phone, wallet, digital camera, lipstick, l' occitane hand cream, three party poppers, one cheesy wedding favor, and a candy cane. i can imagine stuffing a few more things in there...good to know that my stam can hold a lot even though it looks relatively small. looks can be deceiving (that age old adage can be used for anything....).

anyways, the table we were seated at was dedicated solely to my family because my aunts, uncles, and cousin came too. although it was meant to seat 10, there were 2 empty spots so i immediately used one of the awkwardly placed chairs as a bag chair. score! unfortunately though, the chair was also in the direct line of all the waitering/waitressing. after witnessing a few precariously held plates hovering over my IVORY stam, i decided to cover it up with one of the linen napkins. better safe than sorry. i KNOW nobody at my table understood why i had to do that (except for my sis) or why i'm taking pictures of my bag (hahahaha), but the LAST thing i want to do is to curse profusely as i wipe the dark oyster sauce off of my IVORY stam. what can i say...i'm a bit protective of my bags.

the wedding: the restraunt was chic, the guest list was manageable, the decor and theme were youthful (balloons and a magician...COME ON NOW!), the food was ok, the wedding favors were cheesy, the company was fun (watching my fam interact socially is quite amusing), and the bride got fat (not like i have much to say about that though. you should see me scarf down the peking duck or as my sis liked to describe it as "dough and skin."). it was a good night even though my sis got a traffic ticket. but my marc jacobs ivory little stam got home just fine. it was a good debut for the little one.....hahahaha...i am SUCH a dork.

2 comments:

j said...

ohhh how sad, why'd your sis get a ticket? i love the peking duck! the restaurants are so smart, i bet they use the meat for another dish hehe.

bagnatic said...

she got the ticket for making a right on a red light when she wasn't suppose to. it was in alhambra and the cops have nothing to do there. seriously, the street was so quiet and empty, he really could have given her a break. bah humbug right?