Saturday, December 29, 2007

my bag closet

you won’t find my marc jacobs in there…or my pretty little chanel. this is my broom closet turned plastic bag/paper bag storage. i either go grocery shopping way too much (for snacks) which explains my muffin top, or too much general fun shopping which explains my credit card statements. these bags seem excessive and i’m not quite sure what i should do with them. i don’t feel right just throwing them away either. if i had a dog, then i would use my plastic bags to pick up the poop…but i don’t have one...i just have a lot of fish. i do use my plastic bags as trash bags though, but we all know that i’ve been a little less than eager to clean up my apartment these days so these disposable bags have been piling up. any suggestions as to what i can do with them? how about the department store ones? what can i do with those? i wish i knew how else to recycle these things….they are multiplying by the minute and i’m too disorganized to make this closet look any better but i feel too guilty to junk it all.

in the future, i plan to use this nutrition network tote when i go to trader joe’s. instead of having them bag my food in their paper bags, they can just use my tote. if this works out well, maybe i will try to do that for most of the grocery stores that i patronize...except maybe for the galleria market. people there might just think i'm stupid. anyways, just trying to do my little part in saving the environment. amen.

1 comment:

MsG said...

every large grocery store is now required to have a plastic bag recycling bin out front of it. I take mine to vons. It's easy. just do it.