Monday, October 29, 2007

oops, i did it again.....


i met a friend for lunch near the mall. after a healthy meal of chilli nachos at bj's, we went for a quick walk around the mall. in my mind, i was just walking off the grease that i had just inhaled...but fate had other plans for me. who would have thought sweet marc was waiting for me at nordstrom?

per my usual routine, i would walk by nordstrom's purse section. this nordstrom is more blue collared and does not house the typical chloe and miu miu bags that you might see at a nordstrom elsewhere. as i walked out of that section, the marc by marc jacobs totally turnlock comb over bag caught my eye AGAIN. i say again because when i had first purchased my dr. q groovee bag in las vegas, i had also looked at the totally turnlock comb over in black. but dr. q had won my heart at that time and i left the totally turnlock on the counter. i was ok with the parting at that time.

as i walked out, the SA said, "we are having a 20% off sale on certain designer bags." what? please don't tell me which. but she did, and marc jacobs was one of them. darn!! so i walked back to the totally turnlock. hung it on my shoulder, didn't exactly 100% love it (i thought the strap was a bit too wide and it hung a bit low for my taste, but the purse itself was the right size and in "ocean" aka blue. that's HOT!)i decided to walk away and "think" about the bag. if i really wanted it, i would come back.

a few laps around the mall later, i found myself back at nordstrom (like you didn't already know that that would happen). i seriously walked around the purse section again...picked up the totally turnlock, set it down again and kept thinking, i really don't LOVE it 100%. should i do this? naw...i mean i already bought a bag like a month ago. i slowly walked away from the purse section again when i saw this woman pick up the bag. then i though "oh no..." maybe the near miss made me realize that i loved this bag a little more than i had thought...after all, 80% is still a lot better than 50%. when she decided to leave the bag on the counter, i grabbed it. i thought there wasn't any harm WALKING around with the bag as i contemplated some more.

at that point, i decided to give my snobby purse friend a call. i thought she would be able to give me some good advice, like "if you don't love it, then don't get it." alas, the purse intervention was not made. i couldn't get a hold of her. so i decided to buy it. technically, it would be her fault because if she had actually answered my call, then i might not have made the purchase. i walked slowly to the cashier, listing all the weaknesses of the bag. but to be honest with you, by the time i got the the cash register, it was hard to find a fault in it, other than the fact that i had just bought another purse about a month ago.

the marc by marc jacobs totally turnlock comb over in ocean is a lush little bag. the leather is buttery soft and looking at the blue color gives me a nice tingle up my spine. i still have reservations about the strap and how low it hangs down my side, but overall, i feel more and more confident about my decision. sometimes, we just need to let down our barriers and accept the bag for what it is...it is a memorable piece that i carried from las vegas. i am glad i bought it. i probably should stop purse whoring for a while though....my, my, my. do you love it?

No comments: