Saturday, October 20, 2007

the bag that gave birth to a wallet


i'm still obsessing over bags, but getting a new bag gave birth to a side thrill. i NEEDED a new wallet...it didn't feel right to pull out my anonymously designed black wallet anymore as i buy my combo #27 at rodeo grill. yes, the wallet still works. yes, it's still ok. but am i ok with "OK" anymore? i don't know...give me some time to reflect on that question please.

as i perused eluxury for my marc jacobs research and right before i went out and got the dr. q. groovee, i had stumbled across a christian dior wallet in gold. it's HOT!! the gold color (or mystically mustard as i would like to think of it) was available. but the price was NOT to die for so i left it alone. i would visit it once in a while as i cruised the internet, but like the old high school crush i had when i was but a little girl, i was "just looking." :(

i originally had wanted the continental size wallet because the design looked better in its larger format, but OH MY GOSH, the smaller square sized sibling of this christian dior st. germain double-face wallet went on sale on eluxury and I HAD TO HAVE IT. i asked 2 friends to look at it. they were none too excited. one thought the price was outrageous...but he's a boy and boys are dumb. j/k. ahahhahaha. my other friend felt lukewarm about it. at that point, my excitement for the wallet was still present, but i must admit, my confidence wavered a bit because it is online after all and WHO KNOWS how this wallet will really look like as i hold it in my hands. was it a hassle i was willing to take upon myself?

YES!

i bought it. it's on it's way to moi soon. i will probably get it by wednesday. i couldn't find a picture of it anymore on the net, so just imagine the smaller size in that gold color. do you love it? if i love it, i will take a picture of it and repost this.

No comments: