Saturday, November 24, 2007

what can be better than a purse?


a friend once told me that you can’t build a house on a foundation of purses (friend, correct me if i quoted you wrong). that is true. ultimately, i would like to buy myself a nice piece of property in silverlake like this one:

“Fabulous triplex in the heart of silver lake w/incredible 180 degree views from every unit of downtown la & surrounding mountains! All 3 spacious units have 2 bedrooms, 1.75 baths & walk-in closets! Expansive patios & the top unit has a wonderful roof top view deck! Meticulously maintained. Onsite laundry, storage & parking. A wonderful opportunity!”

this would make a nice compound for the family….but alas, the price for this piece of property far exceeds my purse collection times 300. it is a nice place, but realistically, what CAN you buy with a teacher’s salary? a snickers bar? some place in lancaster? valencia? san bernadino? possibly a condo located in an unsavory part of l.a.? although all my life, i’ve saved up all my nuts like a good little squirrel, it is obvious that i’ll have to store all my nuts in my purses. as of right now, there is no tree that i can afford to call my own.

true, buying bags takes this little squirrel one small step back from owning her very own tree, but as she scurries towards her distant tree, she will be carrying a HOT chanel flap bag in black caviar. muhahhaha.

live it, love it, save it, and pamper yourself when you can. life is too short to feel unfabulous!

1 comment:

j said...

you can definitely not get anything in valencia with a teacher's salary- remember the land that magic mtn's on is worth more than magic mtn itself? =)