Tuesday, November 20, 2007

keeping it real




i’ve been carrying this dependable black lesportsac bag for over a year now. it’s made of nylon and it’s roomy and durable. it’s the one i schlep to school because i don’t mind stuffing it in my roving closet or my desk drawer without worries that manhandling the bag would damage it…. i just shove and forget. when i had first purchased it, i had bought it because it looked durable and it reminded me of my kipling bag that i had carried for SO MANY YEARS during my college days. at that point, i was looking for functionality rather than style or quality of materials in a purse (boy, have times changed…hahahaha).

for quite a while now, i noticed lesportsac sporting a new line…one by tokidoki. i’m sure you’ve seen it too. it is colorful with crazy graphics all over the purse. initially, i was intrigued when i saw it because it speaks to the flamboyant side in me, but on closer inspection, these bags are a MESS!! too much going on! it’s like when you go in for a piercing but you come out with a bunch of studs on your face instead: two on your eyebrows, one on your left nostril, and one protruding from your chin. too much competition with your face if you go with all those piercings…just like too much competition with your wardrobe if you go for a tokidoki.

i like the plain black lesportsac bag that i carry to and fro. for the other days, my other purses come out to play. tokidoki is a NOkiNOki in my book.

No comments: