Friday, November 30, 2007

the love affair that ended even before it began....


as i sit here in my apartment on a cold, rainy friday night...coughing, sneezing, and hacking up nastiness and LAMENTING how sick and bored i am, i decided to peruse the typical haunts on the net that usually excites me...my favorite purse blogs and other purse retailers of course!

lo and behold! what do i see advertised on one of the purse blogs?! OH MY GOSH, the chole paddington is on sale! do i need it?! do i still love it?!

*sigh* i must admit, the spark i once felt for it has fizzled out. although the sale price is a lot less than the original retail price, it is still a hefty sum and it is too much for a purse that i don't LOVE LOVE anymore. i attribute this somewhat lackluster enthusiasm for the chloe paddy to my purchase of my true love, the chanel flap purse. there really is no purse that can top the chanel, thus the chloe sits in its shadows and i don't think i'm as willing to fork up the bucks for a lackluster side dish. the paddy is still cute AND i will still name my daughter chloe, but i would rather spend that price on another intriguing bag that i have my eyes on. besides, the paddy is pretty heavy with that signature padlock and my meaty arms is just not as strong as it once was.

the love affair was brief...and it was over even before it began. the paddy was the bag that started my purse obsession...how unfortunate it is for me to say this, "i will not be buying a purse at this time."

1 comment:

MsG said...

WOW! i was afraid you were posting a new purchase. but i agree, heavy purses are lame!