Saturday, November 17, 2007

in? or out?


as i look at my worn out teacher tote (my main carrier of eld folders, alternative guides, and teacher’s manuals), a bag whorish thought drifted into my mind. is it time to retire this overworked tote for a more fashionable alternative?

obviously, a canvas bag like this one is more functional. i don’t mind setting it on my hardly vacuumed classroom carpet nor do i mind stuffing all kinds of crap into it. but the rainbow and apple graphic? i’m almost over that. maybe i can find a tote that serves all the aforementioned purposes WITHOUT making too much of a dent on my wallet…or is finding a good quality tote (or bag in general) on the cheaps an oxymoron?

i never thought that i would want to give up this functional tote that proclaims, “teaching…a gift that lasts a lifetime.” (how else would i be validated on a daily basis that i’m important?). hahhaha. but it’s nice to step away from the teacher image the longer that i remain in the profession. maybe it’s time for a new FASHIONABLE work tote…one that does not proclaim my profession so loudly but one which will still hold all of my shit while looking HOT.

No comments: