Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the journey ends here


ta da! meet my new wallet, this orange chanel!! love it? i sure do!! after exchanging my medium/large flap for the jumbo size, i happened to look at the display case and whaddya know!! a bright orange wallet greets my eyes. as you all know, i've been looking for the perfect wallet for quite a while now and this wallet is as near perfect as it can get. referring to my specs for a good wallet, it meets 6 out of 8 requirements. not perfect, but it's a CHANEL!! many things can be overlooked because of the double c's. :)
1) durability- (yes) i think so. i hope so? it's glazed lambskin so it would be a lot hardier than the one i had shown you guys from before, the blue-gray camilia one which i had returned because it was too small.
2) good style or design- (no) love the style, but i wish it had a button or clasp closure. that just means i have to be wary of how i place the wallet so it won't flop open.
3) hot color (yes) it's orange!! if you've known me long enough, you know how i love me some color. this burnt orange color is right up my alley.
4) at least two pockets- (yes) there's actually about 4 pockets. one for money and a lot of other nooks and crannies to hide my receipts and notes.
5) a coin pocket with a button closure (yes) there's actually a zip closure coin pocket. even better! no two slots though to separate my silver coins from their copper brothers.
6) a minimum of 6 credit card slots (yes) in fact, there's 8 credit card slots.
7) a compact design to fit in any of my existing purses without major fit issues (no) it's long but it fits all my bags except for my small marc by marc jacobs totally turnlock bag. the ocean colored one.
8) IT MUST BE A ONE STOP SHOP. everything i need should just fit into this one wallet so if i change purses, i can just transfer the wallet and not have to rejigger the contents. (yes)
so that's that. i know i wanted a chanel and the right color came along. i also wanted my SA kazue to get commission for the big favor she did for me. i always think, you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours. i think the color and the wallet is lovely.

2 comments:

one of five said...

That's pretty dang hot! I like! Does it smell good? (Potsticker)

bagnatic said...

it's pretty stinky. has the shlack smell of glazed lambskin.