Tuesday, August 25, 2009

a second comeback

my bag whoring days and ways got me contacts with s.a.'s all over the place, notably south coast plaza in costa mesa (the epicenter of bag orgies galore) and las vegas (holla to the lower sales tax). very often, i would get emails from my s.a.'s with pictures of bags to tempt my inner bagness and of course my wallet. ahhh, thou art foul beings with thy temptations. it's like a pimp pushing crack on their whores so they can be controlled...ugh, my wallet quivers...it really does.

recently, an s.a. just so happened to REMEMBER that i had inquired about a particular bottega veneta colored bag like FREAKIN' last year. she emailed me some news. goodness! she wrote:

"Hi bagnatic,
We received a brand new piece today, and I thought of you. This is the Sloane in Dark Bramble (looks shockingly similar to another color you once liked...)"

omg, yes i did :( i recall loving that color. i recall asking around for it when i was on my bottega veneta hunt. i recall they sold out everywhere. i recall i buried that desire for this brick red bag and made peace with it because it was gone and there was no point wanting it....and NOW you want to resurface and claim bills in my wallet that i don't have?! how dare you! how dare you!

the pics doesn't do it justice. if this bag is really "shockingly similar" to the scala colored bag i had wanted once before, then it's a delicious earthy red brick color that only looks better with age. ahhh, too bad so sad. so sad indeed...maybe it will go on sale at the end of the year and i will win a million dollars.

full frontal dark bramble sloane without flash (pics courtesy of my s.a.).

same bag with flash.

side view. *sigh*

*sigh*

2 comments:

yutjangsah said...

it looks like a basket. fughetaboutit. okay, it's nice and i bet it'd look cute w/ jeans. (evil)

bagnatic said...

it does look like a basket but that bag hasn't been broken in yet. ONCE you feel how soft a bottega bag is, perhaps you will become mesmerized just like me. *drool*