Wednesday, April 29, 2009

reunited and it feels so good

back in august 2008, i was in las vegas to attend a friend's bachelorette party. during down time, i would go shopping (it is imprinted in my genes girls and i won't deny it). a harmless stroll through fashion show mall lead me to neiman marcus which lead me to their small chanel store which lead me to another unneccessary chanel crush. what a vicious cycle this is!

oh my god, what do i see?! good gawd it's a navy blue lambskin wallet on a chain! soft, supple leather, glossy sheen, thin leather woven chain that reminds me of a pretty necklace. the best part is being able to wear it messenger style, but ultimately you can use it as a cluch or a shoulder bag as well. in that moment, i felt i NEEDED it, that life would be incomplete without it. crazy devil at work that's what this is.



but i resisted.

it was around the same time that i closed escrow on my house and needed to take care of some bills. so keeping in theme with my good girl with good credit image, i bid adieu to this lovely woc even though i got the s.a's number and even told him to put it on hold for me JUST IN CASE. ah, the games i play on myself. ultimately i left las vegas without this pretty little chanel.

fast forward two months later and i find myself at saks in beverly hills. another harmless walk over to neimans led me to the chanel counter which lead me to the same woc!! woot? is this like fate or something? is it?! i demand an answer! i saw it's twin sitting in the display case begging for me to tote it. once toted, it was clearly over. my sa had a brand new one in stock and i purchased it during their gift card promotions and took my new baby chanel home. i think the lesson here is to stop taking those harmless walks!

the chanel woc is small and is meant to replace your wallet because there's card slots as well as an inner compartment for loose change. it can fit a thin cell phone and a thin camera but that's about it. it's not a super practical bag, but most chanels aren't super practical anyways. come on now! why are you paying so much for a bag right....*bagnatic thinks about it*....it was lovely and i wanted to own it and now i do. i've used it several times now and it's a great little purse. ahhh, i love me some chanel!

my shoalin monk pose as i try to steady the camera and give you my modeling shot. ow!

2 comments:

yutjangsah said...

you have a sales associate at neiman's? damn girl, your left wing card is officially revoked.

bagnatic said...

heck no. i'm a progressive chanel toting mofo...yup.