Wednesday, April 21, 2010

work bag for the work horse

for someone who spends so much money and time gawking at handbags, you would THINK i carry a rockin' HOT one to work...but alas, i don't. i carry a very modest, broken in black lesportsac nylon bag. i know...whut?! not only is it nylon and bleh looking, it's also ripping at the seams. shame on me, i KNOW! and i call myself bagnatic.....poser!

but you see, i can look rather homeless when i go to work; t-shirt, baggy jeans, flip flops during the summer if i can get away with it. my chanels and bottega would never do and honestly, i would have happily toted this broken in bag for another few hundred years to honor my homeless look, IF the ripped seam didn't cause my cell phone to fall out! for a few days, my phone was zappy and i was so MAD! ahhh! that's when the thought of replacing my pathetic lesportsac took root.

so flash forward a few months later and a few days of NO INTERNET and i was ripe, RIPE i tell yah to do some shopping damage since i was so bored out of my mind. so a harmless stroll through the mall led me to nordstrom which lead me to the handbag section and what do i see? the marc by marc jacobs dr. q hillier hobo in black!

PERFECT!

it is made of nice black pebbled leather which makes it durable and luscious (oh how i love leather bags!). the black color makes it less scratch prone and is big enough to house all my neccessities. the short handle and a detachable leather strap also allows me to tote it four different ways which i liked. not to mention it looks pretty cute and will be the perfect bag for me as i go straight to happy hour after a hard day's work.

messenger style with the bag towards my rump.

to the side using the long strap.


right up against my armpit when i carry it with the short handle.

and lastly on the crook of my arm (no modeling pic for that one). methinks it's the perfect purse to use when i carry it to work. i was about to go nutty and pick a colorful one, but i reminded myself that this is suppose to be a basic black bag for work so i reined my drag queen proclivities back in and settled for the black one. i just hope marc fits in my desk drawer when i get there. regardless, i am happy with my replacement. the nylon one will be kept around for hiking purposes. woot!

3 comments:

MsG said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

lovely! great work bag! :) i have three "work" bag that i alternate, my timbuk2 messenger, queen bee tote (local designer bag) and my north face backpack. at one point, everything went in those bag, work stuff, wallet, gym gear, etc. because i was too lazy a separate purse until i met my favorite coach half-moon style small purse a couple of years ago.

bagnatic said...

thanks girls, it's a truly awesome bag. super duper functional and is cute as a button.

me is you- i wish our activities were so simple so we can carry a backpack whereever we went. now our bags must actually match our outfits! the nerve....