Saturday, March 27, 2010

staycation!

what a great, great saturday it is! the day is warm and the sun is glorious! and what am i doing but sitting at home and blogging? but in my defense, i just ran back into the house and am taking a breaky cuz i was in my wee garden pulling up weeds for a bit and got a little too burnt and smelly for my tastes...and besides.....*drumroll please....* i'm going to be on a 6 week staycation! yes!! love it!!!! one of the mucho fabulous perks of being a teacher. so although this is a glorious saturday and i kinda "wasted it," i'll have like 41 more of them to go so day in, or day out, i have days to burn baby! even though i still have a lot of work to do for my 2nd to last semester of my masters classwork, i am playing the procrastinator for now and will enjoy a day of pure relaxation. perhaps my fiance and i can go catch alice in wonderland...FINALLY.

and of course, staycation means i can blog more. so yes, another lovely breaky and a wonderful creme brulee cheesecake to start it all off....forget what i said about trying to lose weight :)

4 comments:

MsG said...

we just came back from a walking tour of dtla. You should go with dennis. It's so much fun! I wish I lived in LA's heyday.

bagnatic said...

dennis, sis, charlie, and i went on an urban hike around silverlake. pinkberry was the prize :) my feet hurts and i clocked in 20,000 steps today :) woot!!

walking tour of dtla? there's a tour group or you guys just went?

Anonymous said...

6 weeks of staycation isn't bad! it's better than going to work! and that creme brulee cheesecake looks so awesome!

bagnatic said...

you is me- 6 weeks of staycation is NEVER bad. i love the option of being utterly lazy. yes!