Saturday, March 6, 2010

girl scouts blamed for obese america

every year when girl scouts cookies are made available to the general public, i get a crazed look in my eyes and i foam at the mouth a little. it's a pavlovian response that started back in college when i saw these cute little girl scouts pimping their cookie wares on bruin walk at ucla. at the time, i only picked up a box. talk about restraint.

over the years, that one box grew to become two, or three, and one year, i even freaked myself out by buying five! holy crap! although i didn't consume all five boxes on my own, it would be a lie for me to say that i didn't consume most of it. my serious weakness were the somoas UNTIL i finally realized how many calories there were in just one!!! even though the other girl scouts cookies are just as bad, they are not as addictive as the somoas so i've stopped buying them completely. dude, just helping the crack addict here by removing the crack.

this year, i ordered three boxes, one tagalongs (to try) and two boxes of thin mints since my sister loves them, too. the tagalongs are not drool worthy so i'll tell my dear fiance to take the leftover to work and i'm sure they'll be gone in seconds. the thin mints will require no help in consuming because my sister eats them like chips.

BUT if there's any left over, thin mints taste best when they are frozen. i'll try to snatch a roll of them and put them in the freezer before my sis polishes it all off. but then again, maybe it's not a bad idea to distribute the fat girl scouts ass to her this year since i'm SUPPOSE to make better eating choices right now. have i? nope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the samoas. chocolate, caramel and coconut all bundled in a cookie goodness! :)

MsG said...

I thought tagalongs said tagalog. I was like, girl scouts have a pilipino cookie now!?!

bagnatic said...

me is you- it was a hard decision not to grab a box of the samoas. :( seriously. *tears*

monosodium glutamate- i don't think it helps that there's an asian girl front and center on the box. i also thought it said tagalog when i first saw it.