Thursday, June 5, 2008

purty in pearls


oooh la la. here's my tres delicious gift to myself! a strand of pearls! i know...pearls? i LOVE pearls. you don't know this, but i use to rock a fake strand in elementary school for a year. i would venture to say in 3rd grade i think. i still remember my youthful pearl wearing days because i distinctly remember my mom buying me a fake strand at one of those chinatown swapmeets. i also distinctly remember BEGGING her to buy me another fake strand when the one i wore (i never took them off), broke. yah, i was a pearl lova from way back!



that's me in elementary school rocking my fake strand of pearls and a gingham dress. i was SO stylin'. you might recognize my double chin.


here's me totally not in elementary school anymore, finally rocking a REAL strand of pearls. i do have a real pearl pendant too, but nothing beats a strand of them. *sigh* they are so lovely. they have a nice pinkish tint to them.

i was able to get them because of gift number 4 to myself. i had a tremendous amount of gift cards and needed to spend them before they expired. once i moseyed on over to the fine jewelry section, my eyes zoned in on the pearls and my search was clearly over. i knew i had to get myself a strand! i had originally eyed the south sea pearls, but those are TREMENDOUSLY EXPENSIVE. i finally settled on a good size freshwater strand. i love them a lot :) maybe some day, i can work myself up to a strand of yellow south sea pearls.

3 comments:

one of five said...

Nice pearls! Never entertained the thought of buying pearls because I don't have a lot of pearl friendly outfits. (Potsticker)

one of five said...

(calamari) i have a strand of pearls that i still wear when i am going for the classy look.

bagnatic said...

when i bought my strand of pearls, the SA told me that they will look great when i go dressy, you know, the classy look that you mentioned calamari.

actually, when i bought them, i had other plans. i wanted to dress them down...going the opposite way especially since my wardrobe is more casual. i think they will look great paired with jeans and a cool shirt of some sort. let's see what i can rustle up!