Saturday, June 28, 2008

my golden ticket

ahhh…my golden bag. my bright, shiny golden bag! it must have been amazing when charlie bucket found his golden ticket wrapped up in his willy wonka chocolate bar. and for moi, it was just as amazing when my eyes landed on this metallic gold chanel reissue (the difference between a regular chanel flap and the reissue is the clasp and the chain strap. check out my previous post for more info. http://bagnatic.blogspot.com/2007/11/which-clasp-would-you-choose.html). oh my, what have i stumbled upon was my thought?! and why is it so damn shiny?! it was like god shone a bright light on this purse and i knew i had to have it. hahaha.

i had originally visited kazue over at scp bloomies because of this bag, the black caviar gst (grand shopping tote).


i liked totes and thought this would be a great chanel for everyday use. since kazue is super awesome, she had a lot of clients to deal with that day so as i patiently waited my turn to purchase the gst, i walked around the boutique and modeled some bags…alas, i modeled this gold reissue and a seed of “want” was sown. oh my gawd how it SHINED off my black shirt that day. it looks amazing against a solid colored outfit because the gold really pops! i really wanted the bag, but it seemed SO impractical and really expensive at the time. come on now, i should be practical and pick up the, well, practical black bag so i did. i went home that day with the black gst. it sat in my closet for a few weeks new and unused as i drooled over the gold reissue and decided what to do. oh, what to do, what to do *fingers tapping.*

now you know what i finally decided to do. the black gst was cute, but i thought it looked similar to jumbolicious, my jumbo flap. besides, it didn’t take my breath away quite the same way that the gold reissue did. not too long afterwards, i called kazue and asked her to hold the gold reissue for me. i went back to scp to return the gst and to purchase this golden bag. done deal.

my “golden ticket” still sits in my closet looking as golden and as lovely as ever. since i have 5 weddings coming up, there will definitely be 5 occasions to bring this golden beauty out for a spin. watch out for this bag as it makes an appearance at a wedding near you. i know my tastes may not run along the same path as yours, but goodness gracious, we all know when we love something and boy do i love this bag so very much. it is my lucky golden bag indeed.

as i delude myself into thinking my chanel collection is complete with one caviar flap bag, a gold reissue (2 super signature pieces. must have classics in ANY chanel bagdrobe), and my chanel wallet…might i say that bagnatic will be on a hiatus from procuring more bags? for the moment anyways, since i still need money to fund my drug habit (j/k).

hahhaha…i was shopping at target with my friend “j” and i saw a lovely silver piggy bank. i told her i should buy it so i can put money in there for my chanel fund. ahahhaha…sad :)
stay tuned for more covetous bag posts, but no purchases UNLESS there's an awesome sale ;)

7 comments:

j said...

this is very pretty. definitely better than the boring black. something about the shine is appealing. it's like it glows.

bagnatic said...

i think it's very pretty too. and yes, it does glow. :)

one of five said...

It's definitely a very trendy and distinct color. (Potsticker)

bagnatic said...

potsticker, that peculiarly sounds like a comment one would make when it's not to their liking such as:

"that's nice, do you like it?"
"wow, that's interesting...."

come on now. don't tell me i'll be the only gaudy one in the slutty bunch!

one of five said...

It's a glitzy/flashy bag. You should model it and post pics!! The gold bag against your olive moleskin couch is not doing it justice!! (Potsticker)

bagnatic said...

potsticker, i am not your puppet!

if i was to model it, my overly sexy body will take away from the bag, get it? i want the bag to be able to shine on its own.

Jackie said...

I love the gold re-issue. Absolutely stunning! And like you said, even though it's not a "practical" bag....who cares?!! Any girl would love it. :)