Wednesday, January 25, 2012

ballz to the face

on any given day at my work, i look pretty worn out and bleh. some might say i have a hobo-esque quality to my outfits cuz i'm not much of a "dress up for work" kinda gal. i prefer using the few extra minutes in the morning with my dogs or to slam down that snooze button on my alarm clock JUST-ONE-LAST-TIME. looking runway ready is the LAST thing on my mind. besides, my line of work and the way i work requires comfy clothes, a pony tail, and a lot of coffee...make up and all that jazz just don't work for me when i work. besides, i wouldn't know what to do with my face anyways.

but recently, i found myself in a "make up for beginners" class taught by my engagement/wedding make up artist. i really wanted to support her cuz she's so good. besides, WHY NOT?!?! at my ripe old age of eighteen :0 , i really wanted to learn how to apply more stuff on my face than just eyeliner and lipstick. anyways, the class was super informative and highly inspirational. soon afterwards, i began jocking beauty products like an obsessed freak. OBSESSED.



the first product i started obsessing about was guerlain's meteorites. there are three shades and i bought the medium one, the teint beige. i felt an unexplainable attraction to their ballz.

[informational blurb] guerlain is a french perfume house that was founded in 1828 and was recently acquired by LVMH (aka louis vuitton moet hennessy, a luxury goods monster company that controls a lot of name brands out there like louis vuitton, marc jacobs, fendi, SEPHORA, etc...). it is a rather respected perfume and make up brand because of its long history and reputation.



beautiful, beautiful packaging. the thin embossed tin container is so freaking cute! i swear i thought about it for weeks and weeks before i ended up getting it since it was rather expensive and not quite justifiable for a makeup newb. but i loved that container and those dang ballz so much.....



anyways, people use these meteorites in different ways. some use it as a highlighter, some as an all over face powder which is how i prefer to use it. i just get a super fluffy powder brush and swish it around these ballz and then brush the powder over my face after my foundation. there's a slight glowy effect and if i stare into my 10x magnifying mirror, i can see a bit of shimmer. do i look magically gorgeous? no. but it sure is fun to swish that powder brush!

[informational blurb] each ball serves a purpose to cancel out discoloration in skin tone, reflect light, or add warmth. personally, i just love the floral scent, kinda like hugging an old white grandma.

so was the price justifiable? hmmm, probably not. but i like it and there are no retail regrets with this one.

No comments: