Sunday, August 24, 2008

so shady


here's what's in the box. whoo hoo! i know right? wtf did it take me so long to post? it wasn't a tease. i promise!! just been uber busy and tired out with some other time consuming obligations.

anyways, i saw these pair of sunglasses when i had bought my gold metallic reissue. i really thought they were great looking for my face (though my sis and a friend just thought they were OK). obviously, i tried on EVERY pair they had and these sunglasses truly fitted my asian face the best. it sat comfortably on my nose and it covered my eyebrows. i liked that a lot. i also liked the way the cc's looked on the side. pretentious? perhaps. i just thought it was a cute detail with a good fit. but after some pondering, i decided i couldn't buy it then and there. i WAS NOT about to walk away with a new bag AND some sunglasses. i thought that would be horrific for my wallet so i restrained myself....barely.

well, a few weeks went by and i returned. that's usually how long it takes for an idea to sit in and germinate. i immediately went to chanel to look for those sunnies. eh?! ALL GONE?! no way really? so from that period onwards, i looked at all the department stores, etc...that sold chanel sunnies and all the sales folks told me that the particular style i was looking for SOLD OUT and was DISCONTINUED. apparently, they fitted A LOT of faces, especially asian ones so they were one of the firsts to go. awww....

that was a few months ago. recently during a stroll through scp with my boiling crab splattered t-shirt, i dropped by the bloomies chanel to say "hi" to kazue. kazue wasn't there, but LOW and BEHOLD, what do i see there?! one pair of these sunnies left!!! i bet it was either a returned item or it was forgotten in the stock room. anyways, no pondering this time. i immediately bought them and have been rocking them since.

here's some modeling pics courtesy of afro ken. isn't he adorable?! the sunnies totally fit him as well.


and a profile shot. cute!

No comments: