Sunday, July 27, 2008

woot woot!

tee hee. today is my berfday! i really want to see a bagnatic entry with a july 27 stamp on it. if you are use to my dorkiness, then this quirk may come as no suprise to you.

my berfday festivities started on friday with great friends and good eats at "the park" (i yelped it in case your stomach is curious). i thought it was a pretty scrump-de-li-lumptious meal and happily knew that this meal signified a fat ass weekend for moi. what a great way to start it up! holla! and a fat ass weekend it has become!

yesterday, saturday, was just as fantastic. a few friends took me to crustaceans because i rave about the garlic noodles all the time so they delivered me right to their koi doors. yummy! they are my social activist friends from way back. seriously, back in the days, i used to march in rallies, participate in protests, helped with some community organizing, etc... can you hear me scream this?
"hey, hey, ho, ho (insert cause) has got to go"
or
"the people, united, will never be defeated!"
well ask me next time. i can demonstrate :) picture me squatting with a bunch of ucla folks at bunche hall during the affirmative action protests or marching in downtown during all those immigration props. i did a bunch of activist stuff before i settled down and became a cranky teacher with a penchant for chanel that you now know. oh those were the days!

anyways, i carried golden deliciousness to dinner (my chanel metallic gold reissue) since i wanted to max her out. throughout dinner, i must admit that i tried to hide her a bit or i would put my hand over the tiny chanel inscription on the clasp. i felt a bit embarrassed to carry her amongst my activist friends...i can't explain it other than the fact that i had a very different persona back then and if they ever found out about my fondness for chanel, i would NEVER hear the end of it. they truly would not understand my newfound materialism and although my politics remains the same, the chanel twist would have knocked their social justice socks off. hence, no one from that particular circle of friends knows about bagnatic. shhhhh..... ;)

she is purty even though i wore her uneasily that night. here's another outfit combo. i wore this to crustaceans and golden deliciousness works just as well. she is much more versatile than i thought!

my office is still messy. i protest cleaning...come on, join my protest!

tonight will be dinner and i will FINALLY get to see the musical "wicked." i am so excited!!! it has been a wonderful birthday indeed. i am blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people and so many pretty little things.

2 comments:

one of five said...

Great modeling shot! I like. Looks good! This combo is better than the wedding pic. (Potsticker)

bagnatic said...

(serendipity) that's because i drank a bottle of sexy before i took this shot. :)