Thursday, January 10, 2008

commitment phobic? or just plain cheating?

i don’t know if you have this same problem as i do, but i find that once you go to someone for service, any return services to the same place makes you feel obligated to use that same person.

case in point. when i was getting my hair did at this asian salon a few years back, this lady became my stylist because she happened to be the first one there to cut my hair. afterwards, all my return visits were automatically scheduled with her even though it became pretty obvious to me that she wasn't the best stylist there. eventually, it became uncomfortable for me to even think of requesting for a new stylist because that would be an insult. well, tired of blah hair, i decided to go on a salon search. that's when i met rogerio, my hair god at the hair salon that i currently patronize. but you see, i had to LEAVE the place first...there was no way i could have patronized the same salon and just switch stylists.

when i bought my camellia wallet at the chanel boutique, i bought if from this SA named p.j. p.j. is alright, but unlike ritsuko, she was a bit snooty and only became "friendlier" when it became apparent to her that i was going to buy the wallet. when i met ritsuko afterwards, i was pretty sure that i wanted to conduct any future chanel transactions with her because she just seemed really nice. but just like the hair salon, there are some unspoken binds of loyalty that you're suppose to have and i felt it there too. i did feel like i was "cheating" when i began directing my questions to ritsuko.

i told one of my bag friends about this and she said, "you're cheating!" really? i mean, i do feel kind of bad, but i would rather give my business to someone that i think deserves it especially since they make commission off our purchases. i DOUBT p.j. will remember me if she ever saw me again, but if she does, i'll just pretend that i don't remember her. hahahaha. OR, it might not be as bad as i think.....

3 comments:

one of five said...

(calamari) i cheat all the time and potsticker calls me on it. sometimes your sa is just not available and you don't want to wait.

one of five said...

Haha. I do call you on it, Calamari. (Potsticker)

bagnatic said...

calamari, i like going to one person. it makes phone calls more convienent. does chasiubow know that you like to "cheat?"